Wednesday 24 June 2020

An Event-ful day?

Today might be the day that the fallout from The Event is finally dealt with.

However, such is the obfuscation by The Organisation that it might not be.

It's now 142 days since The Event.  The Organisation has told me that there is going to be a meeting between three Managerials today at which The Event will be discussed, but it may not make a final decision on what to do with me.

I've not been given the names of two of The Managerials (although using Google I think that I've worked them out) and to a great extent it doesn't matter, but it adds to my general paranoia and feeling that everything is being kept behind closed doors as much as possible.

For example, the purpose and aim of this meeting is not clear; they don't know if it will result in a final decision; I have never been privy to the full process and therefore have never known what to expect to happen next; the whole thing has lasted 142 days so far with no hint of how much longer it will take nor if there is any limit on the duration.

I asked to be allowed to attend the meeting, which I assume will be held online due to The Plague, but this request has just been ignored.  No answer at all, not even a "No".

I don't think that any of The Managerials have got any experience of working in The Organisation apart from working as safeguarding people, and I'm very worried that they will therefore have no idea what is "normal".  That's certainly the impression that I've got from the correspondence so far.

One of The Managerials can't even spell the name of The Organisation correctly on Linked In.

I think that there's a very high chance that they will reach a Guilty verdict (although in complete contradiction of established English legal principles I have been treated as guilty since the start), not least because it's probably easier for them in terms of work: "Get rid of him, close the file. Next."

In addition, I seem already to have been removed from the database of The Organisation.  I've asked, but again they won't tell me why.

I'm certain that this would be the wrong decision and manifestly unfair, and that the whole process has been flawed from the beginning.  I would certainly challenge a Guilty verdict, even though The Rulebook of The Organisation says somewhat undemocratically "There is no right of appeal against a decision made by ...the authority who approved the suspension."

The result of all of this is that I'm sitting here trying not to think about the meeting that may be happening at this very moment that will decide my fate.  Two more things that I haven't been told are when the meeting is, not when I can expect to hear about what happened there, so I could be doing this for some days to come.

It seems pointless and borderline sadistic to spin things out like this.  I hope that I get the chance to influence the way that such matters are dealt with in the future, because I wouldn't want this to happen again.

No comments: